Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Re: '584 Appeal - kramisman..analogy

posted on May 12, 2008 05:57AM

You're going fishing and you need lures. You go to the bait shop and you are informed that the fish are really biting the 336 and the 148. You are directed to isle PTSC/TPL and see that the 336 and the 148 lures are packaged with 7 other lures called the MMP.

Well, you don't need all of the lures in the MMP because the fish are only biting the 336 and 148. What should you do??? Oh well, you'll just have to purchase the whole package of lures (MMP) in order to enjoy your fishing trip.

____________________________________...

You're a computer systems manufacturer and are in the process of designing and constructing your computer system. You go to the local chip technology store to pick out your chips for the design and construction of your computer system.

When you get to the store, you discover that there are literally hundreds of hundreds of chips on the shelf. You finally select the right chips for your design and proceed to check out.

When you get to the check-out counter, the clerk states, 'Sir, in order to use these chips, you will need to purchase a MMP license'. 'Oh, I didn't know that'.

So now you go over to the customer service department to purchase the MMP license. There you discover that MMP portfolio comes in a package consisting of 10 patents but you only need license two of the designs. You only need to license the 336 and 148 chip design to build your computer system but the clerk says that that is not possible because the MMP is sold only in the package form.

Well, since I only need just the two chip designs, can you give me a discount? "No", the clerk said. "The MMP portfolio is sold only in this package consisting of 10 patents related to various chip designs".

"Oh then, since my computer system design is going to be the very best on the market, then I guess there is no other choice but to purchase the entire MMP porfolio."

How much and where do I sign?

Regards,
PxP

New Message
Please login to post a reply