Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: News...interesting, who's in charge: Stillpoint/Others
Jul 31, 2008 12:45PM
Aug 01, 2008 05:21AM

It amazes me what people write, skilled or unskilled, on these boards. Strong writing skills, to mimic a PR already prepared by TPL? Time/expertise to respond to phone calls is suddenly a big "worry", when there was recently a "demand" on that "other board" for all shareholders to call the company to bitch about the BoD? IMO, people need to think - just a little.

As for writing skills and ability to communicate, I consider myself a reasonably good writer. That article "JAVA Chip Available -- NOW!", after looking at available supporting info and a couple of days of just thinking about it, took me a whopping two (2) hours to write once pen met paper (keyboard). Not a PR, but a complete article about the ShBoom.

And for the "EDIGites", the article "MP3 to SDMI: The Lowdown on Music Downloads", again after reviewing available info and several days of thought, took a whopping four hours to write. This was an elaborate article, addressing the Secure Digital Music Initiative, CODECS, DRM, Watermarking, current tech at the time, and a "Caveat Emptor" advising people to take care in selecting an MP3 player, because unless the SDMI got it's act together, the player you select might only allow downloads of MP3s and certain other music (purchased) - not everything under the sun [and by golly I was right on - look at WMA versus Itunes (Dolby AAC CODEC) versus Sony's (now defunct) ATRAK. That article was published in Sept '99, way before Apple's IPOD player and Itunes "hit the streets"].

I kept track of the time dedicated because I was paid by the publisher for those articles.

So, now, give me a PR already prepared by TPL to play with, and I (not even a company rep) could put together PTSC's PR in less than an hour (like 15 minutes).

Yep, a real challenge for anyone with any talent, at all.

As for the fielding of phone calls, be sure to keep on making those daily calls of concern about the BoD - after all, we're interested in efficiency in the operations of our company. We want company reps to do nothing else but listen to those complaints - that they can doing nothing about.

Sorry, but sometimes.....

JMHO, and a nowadays rare post from someone who has virtually given up on this board.

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply