Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Re: Interesting - Opty, Joseph Mierwa deserves a look, too

in response to by
posted on Sep 14, 2008 06:49PM

Opty, et al:

This my first post, but I have lurked here for more than two years, and have been long in PTSC for nearly three years. I feel I know many here, though only through their "virtual" persona.

Due to my schedule not allowing much time for extensive DD, I have not yet performed anything near an exhaustive search. However I have found that Mr. Mierwa appears to be one of the foremost experts in XML, and from what I can gather, likely 6+ years ahead of the general curve for others in his field. He serves on several standards committees (many past and present U.S. & global committees), and appears to be quite passionate about Services Oriented Architecture, but more interestingly, what might be the next emerging area for data queries and sharing, specifically XML data exchanges that are not dependent on context, but rather on the semantic meaning convey in them. One of these areas is RDF.

My intent here is to speculate as to the talent held within Crossflo and what that talent might add to the value of a company that currently offers a proven XML contextual data exchange product (CDX and its derivatives), but quite possibly being one of the first to develop the next generation exchange technology, by which the semantic meaning of a XML data search request is embedded into the request itself. Such a development toward the "next generation" exchange model could present a major competitive edge for Crossflo, and could provide an interesting area for DD development. I will attempt to further this investigative effort soon, but I also believe that the superior DD skills of the well-seasoned members of this board would be greatly appreciated, not only by me, but by others as well.

At this point some readers of my post here may be thinking something along the lines of, "What the heck?" To clarify, I suggest that the recent events PTSC has engaged in appear to have a cohesive "feel" (I'm not the first to notice this, and it is plainly outlined in the Company's recently posted PowerPoint presentation on the PTSC website). But, I have had the same thoughts as many regarding questions such as, "Why DS would come out of retirement to sit on the board of an OTCBB stock?" and other similar questions concerning other newly acquired management, right down to RG. The choices they make are likely done with a great deal of DD, including looking toward the future and securing a foothold in what appears not only to be a very necessary ability (sharing information among very disperate databases and users), but making choices that will ensure - to the extent possible - future technology and product implementation that will differentiate us from the competition.

In closing, I have enjoyed lurking here and I have learned much. I plan to be less of a lurker and more a participant, as time allows. I have not yet attempted embedding links or using some of the more advanced features of this forum, but will work on my posting skills to include technical data and references in future posts.

Good night all, and good luck.

DG

New Message
Please login to post a reply