Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

We only differ to the extent of the possible happenings, if/when the PTO issues to us a certificate of reexamination, as tyhye relate to amopunts of licenses aqnd their timeline for payment.

I too expect a pop in the price, but I also see it retreating back to levels less than many expect....my reasoning is the same as you posted....

"Greatly reduced risk, and the prospect of near term and higher licensing fees (to dump into and bolster acquisitions, past and future) should put us in a much better place (just down the road from Utopia)."

What happens many times when these reexam gets approved is that the patent holder does what you have stated...asks for a much higher license fee due to the reexam being over....what in turn happens though is that some of those who may have settled earlier with lower fees are now more willing to go to court...the cost benefits on legal expense for a trial are now less a deterent to them....with lower license fees the cost of litigationg these patent infringment cases (anywhere from 1-3 million) wasn't cost effective...as the price rises for these fees though the cost of litigation become easier for them to explain and rationalize.

That usually results in a slow down of the process of receiving license revenues that many might expect to 'rapidly flow in" Smaller licensees will cave quicker though due to many who may have fought paying before, hoping for a negative result from the PTO, see the ltigiation cost as not a smart expense when compared to a smaller fee being asked for.

So I see the bigger players in this going to court,with a legal staff already in place, in the hopes they convince a jury that they don't infringe, or at the least defer the payments as long as they can and hoping to put financial drain on on the patent holder ..esp. if there are a multitude of potential infringers willing to do the same.

The other side of that coin though is when a large case for infringement is settled..others then usally back off( unless they truly believe they can convince a jury that they really don't infringe)...and then the dollars start to roll in...our problem may lie in the fact that if we do start asking for much higher prices...it's not that we won't necessarily get them...it's just that it might take longer than many expect due to trial scheduling and delays and anything else that effects payment to a longer timeline than we may have hoped for.

New Message
Please login to post a reply