Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

I'm wondering what circumstances could have led the J2.5 case to such a strange ending. I seriously doubt that Judge Ward is going to agree to oversee a settlement and some MOU without some justification. And I think that justification would have to be of the absolutely necessary type, otherwise IMO he would not do it.

In browsing through the litigation file it dawned on me that the essential thing that the trial evolved around was whether certain testimony should be allowed. And while the parties argued back and forth on the subject quite a bit of sealed testimony became part of motions.

What if some of that sealed stuff accidently got into hands they weren't supposed to? Now that situation would call for some fancy footwork by the court to save the case from being blown, and would require the judge to oversee that the accidently released sealed stuff is not used in another trial. I'm not so sure that all parties were in fact happy with the settlement. Neither side really had a victory. I think the settlement was dictated by the judge. Both sides may have given their OK for him to do so, since proceeding with trial could no longer be assured as being fair.

If not exactly this, it would have to be something substantial for the judge to be a part of the settlement. IMHO Opty

New Message
Please login to post a reply