Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Yahoo board posting

posted on Jan 28, 2009 06:41AM

I personally have been trying to get a comprehensive summary and understanding of what has, and is going on with our company. The below message was posted on the Yahoo message board. Some of you may or may not agree with it, but I think it does a good job of walking us through our history in a relatively simplified, but easy to understand way. Your thoughts?

Subject: [patriot_scientific] A visual review to help me understand what has happened.....

For years we have

been told that the MMP patents are solid and as real as real can get. A dozen plus years
ago we did not look at going after infringers of our patents but we intended to build our
own chips based on our patents. When money and managerial skills were found lacking
we sold more and more of our company for diluted equity to keep the doors open and
management paid.

A number of years ago we decided to go after infringers but we first spent much time,
money and effort fighting with TPL who came into the picture not as an infringer as much
as an "announced" real owner of the patents. Certainly tpl and ptsc each had two early
victories by "signing", AMD and Intel. Validation of our patents or so we all said.

So time went by and finally we made a truce with TPL's cagy boss Dan L (more like a
surrender of most of our rights) to share the patents. This we were assured (and many of
us agreed) was a win for ptsc as for the first time we had a knowledgable patent enforcer
who Knew that we had solid gold in our patents and Knew how to get money out of the
infringers of our solid gold patents. And after all 50% of billions (after minimal expenses)
was much better then 100% of nothing (many of including myself agreed).

More time and tens of millions of dollars in signings and years have gone by since that
early euphoria. After many changes in management (but a very similar make up on the
Board of Directors), and very recent growth into non patent areas of operations but "real"
areas of manufacturing or at the least apparent salable brain work, and a few expensive
but not very productive law suits (with one exception... a markman ruling, which we all
took as a great indicator of patent validation), where are we?

Our share price after a few feverish rallies is substantially back to where it was when we
were scurrying for a few bucks to keep the doors open. Our highly expensive
litigation/patent experts as well as our take no prisoners partners at TPL are being
manhandled by our opponents before the patent office. What we thought of as solid gold
patents is at least by those in the patent office turning out to be questionable due to
questionable prior art.

Note: I am not an tech expert but I have followed a few of the knowledgable tech folks
here and on other sites and it would appear that the note of prior art by the patent
reviewer may be highly suspect and as stated by more then a few ludicrous. However, if
our expensive talent cannot refute this claim then like the now famous Ed Hokiles call in a
recent football game which was as obviously wrong as wrong can get the patent reviewers
claim may stand.

On the point of how wrong the reviewers claim may be and how it could literally effect
hundreds of otherwise solid patents in the tech world that can have simplified prior art
claims filed against them.... could we not expect or at the least solicit from other patent
holders at risk due to this "obvious error" on the part of the examiner "friends of the court
(of tpl/ptsc) making submissions showing the patent reviewer the error of his ways?
Would it not be wise on their part to act now rather then wait when based on this ruling
their patents are challenged and put in jeopardy?

So where are we? In my opinion, soon we will be hearing from RG. He will more then
likely tell us that the fat lady has not sung but that we with our experts (Moore et al) will
be making a "strong" case on pointing out why the examiner and his example of prior art
is wrong. RG will tell us that although the patents and the money we hope to get from
them is important ptsc is no longer solely dependent on the patents for existence (maybe
not but any type of sp expansion at least near term is).

If this is what we hear from the company then though I will not be happy in my view it will
be a correct assessment. However, it is becoming more apparent to me that our solid
gold patents for what ever reason may not be the continuing cash cows we had all hoped
they were. In any case it appears that we are looking at a lengthy time of appeals etc
before we have a final outcome to what exactly the MMP is in substance and in finance.

Until that time as a very intelligent litigator and investor has said many times we shall see
what we will see.....

Just some random thoughts and ramblings, God Bless
Marc

Jan 28, 2009 07:45AM
Jan 28, 2009 07:54AM

Jan 28, 2009 08:01AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply