Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Is Examiner's design workable?

posted on Feb 08, 2009 11:22AM

If we assume that the examiner's ring oscillator has a variable output frequency and is coupled to the processing unit (as required in the 148) can the design conceivably work?

In the latest rejection of the 148, the examiner is saying that it would be obvious to combine the ring oscillator of Tanimura with the RAC circuit of Kajigaya. The suggestion/motivation for doing so would be that Kajigaya's system would be easily impletmented to include a ring oscillator on the same substrate as the processor.

Even if the examiner is able to win his arguments with respect to finding the above bolded claim requirements in separate prior art (he's already really stretching it), can coupling a variable output frequency ring oscillator to a RAC circuit be workable? Then or now?

I'm not an EE, but I think the answer is no. Then and even now. Is there any RAC circuits in existence today that are coupled to a variable output frequency ring oscillator? I doubt it, but would like to hear what others have to say. Opty

New Message
Please login to post a reply