Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Looks like they are going to bring back the up tick rule!

Re: Looks like they are going to bring back the up tick rule!

posted on Mar 12, 2009 10:25AM

RE: "There are many other factors. This is a minor one, but IMO, it is better to have it in place than to not have it in place. Do you argue with that?"

No I don't argue againts "having it in place". If it were in place that would be ok. But working to put it in place is a waste of time. Time which could be spent on something worthwhile, like fraud legislation with rules and methods to do effective government audits on suspect businesses.

Sorry if I'm coming across as cantankerous and offensive. I've been burned by company executives who shorted their own stock because they knew the truth would come out concerning their real earnings. They left the US with their pockets full of money. The rule was in effect and had no impact on the SP fall to almost zero - which occurred long before the double book keeping was exposed. IMO history tells us to attack fraud and maybe buying on margin. Don't waste time on up-tick - it will not solve any problem.

New Message
Please login to post a reply