Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: ads123 / Re: Share price up on other news? Mohlenbrock? HP/Crossflo

Don't forget, that the '336 has been issued a Final Rejection. The ball is not in the USPTO court right now, it is in the TPL/PTSC court to either respond to the rejection with an Appeal, or to respond to the rejection with a Request for Continued Examination. I believe they have until May 9th or thereabouts to file either with the USPTO.

According to my understanding, unlike the '584 where they left the process with an understanding with the examiner of how they could amend the patent in order for him to consider it acceptable, I don't believe they have that understanding with the examiner (a different one) on the '336. Perhaps that's because the examiner has rejected it on the basis of obviousness. While I haven't read every comment of their interaction, I don't recall seeing anything in the '336 dialogue that said if you change this claim to x instead of y, then it would take care of the obviousness issue. The DID have a similar understanding with the '584 where the examiner said if you do this to claim 29, then essentially I can approve it.

So while I hope we see something regarding the '336 in the next couple of weeks, it should be from TPL/PTSC, not the USPTO. Once that's filed, hopefully a resolution process similar to what took place on the '584 can proceed. I'm not so sure it'll be quite as easy, but then again, I'm not knowledgable in that art at all, so what is and what can be is best handled by TPL/PTSC/USPTO.

Apr 22, 2009 07:45AM
Apr 22, 2009 08:56AM
Apr 22, 2009 09:13AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply