Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

One Hit Wonder?

posted on Jul 12, 2009 11:27PM

Can anyone find anything else that "Baroni Management Company L.L.C." had done?

Don't misunderstand me, I see all the references for Greg Baroni in different capacities, that's not what I mean. From what it appears from some quick research, he was passed over for the CEO job at Unisys, and that's probably why he departed there. Since then, he's been associated with a couple of other organizations as a director, but I can't find anything that "Baroni Managmeent Company L.L.C." has been awarded, no website, no specific project or item they as an entity has been publicly linked to. Is this their first consulting job? His name sure seems to have cache, and he certainly has a great resume, but I'm wondering, if this is his first job with this entity of his, I'm wondering what we might read into that.

On one hand, it may mean less than great things, but on the other, it may mean that PDSG is on the verge of something major, and he is the last step to vetting the deal. And I don't mean that just from a sellling or merging the company perspective. He may have some ability to get PDSG a contract through his government contacts, and in return, he gets a contract to provide the services announced.

At the end of the day, based on where we are at with the USPTO, and with PDSG not having achieved any serious market penetration as yet, I hope that despite what we might infer from the odd confluence of circumstances surrounding the current events, the REAL truth is simply highlighted by these bullet points:

• that the MMP is on the verge of completing it's first Re-Exam and successfully to some degree with the '584 Re Cert
  • potentially nearing a similar conclusion or at least A conclusion with the more important '336
  • based on previous guidance, PDSG should be generating revenues over the next 6 months
  • RG is putting together what appears to be a synergistic suite of product offerings to complement the Crossflow CDX
  • potentially the "opportunities" RG referred to with the MMP might refer to potential settlements in the stayed litigation in the event USPTO recerts the '584 and the '336
  • and that RG is simply downsizing (don't know if he has kids, but at 61 years old, he'd be at about the right age to be entering the empty nester stage

When people read my criticisms of the current BOD, what I'm intending to convey is that based on the current make up and direction of the company, a Greg Baroni, is a much more appropriate BOD member than a Gloria Felcyn, Helmut Falk, or Carlton Johnson. It would be great to see him lead them to the successful closing of some important government contract, and then become part of the BOD, IMO.

If so, that one hit would be a Grand Slam, IMO!

New Message
Please login to post a reply