Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: What about the announcement of the California Courts System?
Howard Halpern: I guess one final question. You talked about California administrative office of courts. Now, is that a full-fledged project or just a pilot project that you're going to keep broadening within the scope of that court system?

Rick Goerner: I'll answer briefly, and then if that's not sufficient, Renney is here, and he could put a little more color on it.

The initial project with AOC is largely for the development of the IEPDs, which are the exchange documentation that will enable data sharing to occur in the -- I think there's 57 counties in California and multiple court justice and probation systems, and so we believe it was the largest deployment of IEPD activity to date. It sets the platform for them to then be able to do full data sharing, but there are subsequent phases to the deployment.

Howard Halpern: Okay. Wow, I guess then how many phases would ultimately get them to where they or you want to be with them as sort of -- and you're able to broaden out and go to different states and show what you've done?

Renney Senn: Howard, this is Renney. Let me take a stab at that.

First, looking at the internal to California segment of this, this IEPD development, this necessary precursor to data exchange involves 52 courts of the state court system. Those, in turn, must be able to share data with all of the county and municipal courts with which they are affiliated in each of those counties.

They also have district attorney offices, as well as social services, financial services throughout the state that need to be connected to the court system. So it touches many, many different elements, including jails and prisons.

So this is the beginning of a long-term process which is presently not definable in terms of the scope or the number of phases involved, but at the end of the day, since we are so early on in this whole data sharing environment at the state, local, and the federal level, the fact that we've been able to achieve this very important credential and qualification with the state of California and the largest state court system in the country, it gives us the opportunity to be able to say something that no one else in the country can say as we go to other states to build on this qualification and experience, that we have, in fact, done it. So that's -- what that's going to result in is now not definable, but it is material.

Rick Goerner: So there's literally thousands of offices, agencies, and databases that this could cut across, but in terms of a circled budget line item in the California budget that says for the next seven years or what have you, you won't find that called out because they are still contemplating the breadth of deployment, and obviously, up until recently, California's budget wasn't approved either, and we need to understand all the ramifications of the new budget relative to projects such as AOC and the Sacramento court work that we did.
http://app.quotemedia.com/quotetools/showFiling.go?name=PATRIOT SCIENTIFIC CORP: 8-K, Sub-Doc 2&link=http%3A//quotemedia.10kwizard.com/filing.xml%3Frid%3D12%26ipage%3D6478959%26DSEQ%3D2%26SQDESC%3DSECTION_EXHIBIT%26doc%3D2&cp=on&type=HTML
Be well
New Message
Please login to post a reply