Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

"MAJOR REORGANIZATION" - What does it REALLY mean?

posted on Oct 15, 2009 11:46PM

If you google "Announces Major Reorganization", you'll sse a few PR's come up. One from Yahoo, one from Sony, another from Fox, Intel, etc. What they all have in common is some type of structural change to the management and corporate organization that goes deeper than just a new CEO.

I've been mulling over this for the last week, trying to understand what might be in the works. I go back to my first impression when the Baroni hire was announced, that he was brought in to place a value on PDSG. I ventured to guess that was either to sell it, merge it, or spin it off on its own. The more I think about it, the more something along those lines makes sense to me.

When you look at some at some of the other PR's on "major reorganizations", it does show things like new divisions, new divisions of labor, new focus for various people and areas of the company. Since PTSC is a conglomeration of different aquisitions and partnerships, it itself, doesn't really have much of an organization to "reorganize. And it just jettisoned a large part of what it DID have in the fired personnel.

With that in mind, and the two step process in getting Baroni involved, I guess I'm wondering if we're about to see a spin off of PDSG either in some merged capacity with another entity or in some new stand alone IPO, or into some private company in which PTSC has a stake. IMO, Baroni is acting as much more than just a paid consultant analyzing operations. I think he's either interested in the company in some fashion, or is brokering a deal for us in some fashion.

What seems clear is that there is MUCH more to the picture than a just picking up a new CEO.

Does anyone have any thoughts on any of these scenarios?

New Message
Please login to post a reply