Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: Conversation today with Kelly Williams of Alliacense---Paul...... for/Paul..

Didn't want to rain on anyone's parade during the day (mine own included here), but surely something is wrong when material, and most probably privileged information regarding the ongoing business of a public listed company can be had by picking up the phone to the 'contact' person of an non-listed subsidiary...

Now, before anyone has my head off here, large props to Laurie for having the gumption to make the call in the first place, and further kudos are due for posting this information here. This is a great example of what makes this board so special in spite of the paranoia and crap-slinging unfortunately taking root again.

However combine the loose-lips (intentional or not) at Alliacence with an unexpected and unexplained 11% rise in the PPS on large (ish) volume, at a time when the company literally has it's head up it's dark-place - there is obviously something up here, and someone knows about and is trading on it. Whether it is licence announcements by Friday, or something else entirely unrelated remains to be seen.

What concerns me though, is that yet again this company appears to be incapable of conducting it's business in a manner that is entirely straightforward. Announcements should not be announced until they are announced - call me old-fashioned if you like, but this way stock prices are less likely to be manipulated, and retail shareholders are less likely to get screwed. Even if today's 'spike' in price is entirely unrelated, you can be sure that something has happened, and that someone is benefiting. Can't see it being company buy-backs or insider buying either - the 3 amigos combined haven't bought todays volume over the last 3 years (if my math is correct)

When the shares sell off next week on the 'good' news (history unfortunately dictates that it will), there will be moaning and 'evil-naked-shorts' and 'Swartz-is-selling' ad nauseum, but the truth is that the ones who are buying today will be the ones doing the selling, and making the money, and destroying the future credibility of this company one non-public nugget at a time.

I like it as much as everyone else here when the PPS goes up, but how many times have we asked 'why does it sell-off on good news..?". This is not the correct question to be asking any more - it should be "why is it going up on no news..?" The answer to this one would reveal much I fear...

S

New Message
Please login to post a reply