Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: OK..so I'm still in the corner with the delusional group regarding the MOU

OK..so I'm still in the corner with the delusional group regarding the MOU

posted on Oct 29, 2009 09:50AM

In the absence of new announcements, we have a tendency to refer back to old news as a way to pass the time and/or to get our 2 cents in again about something of particular interest to each of us. Here is my 2 cents.

The following statement was taken directly from the PR when the J3 settlement was announced. As far as I can tell, this is the only time the wording "grant of rights" has ever been used. All other press releases refer to the purchase of a license agreement. Corrections welcome......find another press release that uses the words grant of rights.

The terms of their settlement include the grant by the TPL Group of rights under the Moore Microprocessor Patent Portfolio to Toshiba, Matsushita and JVC and their respective subsidiaries.

Perhaps purchase and grant mean the same thing to some folks. In my opinion, I believe that the obvious difference in wording could mean some sort of contingency is in place to be addressed at a later time when some event happens.

It is also my understanding that at one point in time (one of PTSC's more recent CEOs) made a statement to the effect with regards to the settlement that "we have received all the money we were supposed to receive." Was he lying or was he telling the truth? In my opinion, he spoke the truth because we did receive all we were supposed to at that point in time. Perhaps there is more coming at a later point in time.

For me, it helps to hang on to that thought. For others, grant is synonymous with purchase end of story.

Cautiously optimistic,

Laurie

New Message
Please login to post a reply