Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Did the last 336 request for a re-exam put a chill on quick settlements?

It will be very interesting how the next few weeks play out. As far as negoiations go, how much do we ask for? Ask for too little and I am sure a flood of licenses would ensue. Ask for too much, or a great deal more than previous, and I am sure we would be where we are today. I don't think we will get a major signing until our current litigates settle. A market rate will have to be determined. It will probably be set by the Judge or arbiration. For instance, if it is determined that the reason for purchases of an infringers microprocessors was because of our patent then we could charge as much as 8% of sale price for royalties. Now keep in mind that our patent made processors run much faster, allowed for smaller pin outs, and inturn made them cheaper to produce. So there is much evidence that our patent created a better market for modern processors. So, are we eligible for that 8% royalty rate? It might be better to wait and find out. The next few weeks may well determine our royalty rates. I don't think the T3 are going to be let off the hook, too much in future revenues to risk that.

JMO

New Message
Please login to post a reply