Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Good point, and this is undoubtedly what probably was done by all licensees to date. I have but two comments:

- The internal analysis may be very revealing and provide a "warmer feeling" about making a decision, but at the end of the day, all that matters is the determination of the PTO.

- If I were in their shoes (with Alliacense-prepared data sheets in hand), I'm not sure I'd even dedicate the resources for such internal assessment. I would consider the probability of infringement and the quality of the patent very "real" based purely on the quality and quantity of companies that have already secured licenses.

But I agree, such an internal analysis by your own EEs and patent counsel could alleviate the risk of making an incredibly bad (in possible future hindsight) business decision. The responsible authority could point to that analysis as justification for the decision.

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply