Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Would you expect your Patriot directors to keep their word?

Let me tell you what happened on a frigid Chicago day at our last shareholder meeting.

During the meeting, I had Cliff Flowers and the BoD admit to each failed investment with the associated write offs; approximately $20 million worth. The remaining entities were PDSG and Holocom, and we know what has since happened to Holocom. As of 1/28/10, Flowers had agreed that about $16 million had been plunked into PDSG(almost 7 months ago).

I wanted clarity on PDSG's future so I approached Gloria Felcyn. I expressed that it was not good business to "throw good money after bad" and we should strongly consider selling PDSG. I knew that the BoD had been suckered into paying millions more than it was worth. Remember the prediction of $3 million to $6 million of annual revenues?

Well, Gloria looked me in the eyes and said(the following is paraphrased):

In 120 days, and probably less, we will announce one of two things regarding PDSG:

1. We will have found a buyer for PDSG.

OR

2. We will announce a major partner that will include us as a preferred vendor for bids that relate to our specific market segments. This, with the high probability of PDSG profitability, in the next quarter; maximum two quarters. She said they would not go longer than that.

If you add the promised 120 days to 1/28/10, you get 5/28/10, close to the end of the fiscal year which represents the information in the recent 10K. Today is 8/18/10, so, add about another 80 days to the 120 day deadline(200 days).

I have not heard the announcement of A or B, but 8/31/10 is the end of the "first" quarter and 11/30/10 will be the end of the "second" quarter. Since they won't tell us about any contracts, we'll have to wait for the 10Q's. What's a shareholder to think?

Based on the BoD history of investment decisions, could this be another reason to get a real business person on the BoD-FAST?

Stan

New Message
Please login to post a reply