Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: TPL amended Infringed contention based on changes - Mark.. SGE

Funny, I see the change you describe:

FROM..... “ consisting essentially of ” ... CHANGED TO.... “ consisting of

as a potentially HUGE change. It is a change to the original, rather ambiguous, intent. A "restrictive refinement" if you will. Depending on the claimed infringement, this amendment could easily make all the difference in the world.

"Lollipops, consisting essentially of sugar"

"Lollipops, consisting of sugar (and only sugar; nothing else)"

Do your cherry-flavored lollipops on a stick infringe? Sugar IS the primary ingrediant, after all.

To further make my point, what if the change were from

"Lollipops, consisting essentially of sugar"

to

"Lollipops, consisting primarily of sugar, but also other ingrediants for flavor, product preservation, consistency, (etc.) and a stick made of various appropriate materials with which to hold the lollipop during use"?

I would consider this a "clarification" amendment to further express the original intent, while not narrowing the original intent at all.

Just food for thought, "mind candy" if you will (lol). One size (or example) doesn't fit all.

It apears we agree to disagree. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Recognizing that I've noted the subject line of upcoming posts but have not yet read them, I suggest this is the purpose of this board. A proposition, followed by arguments as to the viability of the proposition, to some conclusion - which might be an "agree to disagree". But the arguments were shared for all to view forwards reaching their own conclusions. This, and News, is what I see as the purpose of this board.

It doesn't matter whether the proposition is potentially positive or negative. Argue it in a civil fashion, and bring it to a conclusion (which may be that not enough is known in order to conclude).

The proposition does not need to be re-issued every five minutes, or every day. Once a week may be appropriate, just to remind people of the concern or prospect, but with understanding that the proposition had previously been "put to bed". But reminders may be helpful to prompt re-consideation based on new-found facts or other influencing propositions.

JMHO,

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply