Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: Other then for PCs, APPLE has uses ARM chips made by ???

<One of the major suppliers of ARM chips to Apple is Samsung which does not have a MMP license. If ARM chips infringe the 148 or 336 patents, then APPLE should have paid a major license fee for acquiring an MMP license.>

Well, maybe and maybe not. What should Apple have paid for an MMP license? I do not believe we are pursuing chip manufacturers. So that leaves the assembler or the retailer. Apple is the retailer? I believe they have a Chinese firm assembling them and shipping them here. If we aren't pursuing the chip makers, who should bear the burden of licensing? The retailer or the assembler?

And does Apple getting an MMP license, take the assembler off the hook? I do not know the answer to the above. I do not believe Apple could obtain any kind of license that would take the Chinese firm off the hook if there is no relationship other than a business relationship.

I have no clue whether the above makes any sense. It is simply my understanding of the licensing strategy and attempting to apply it in this situation, with limited knowledge of the company and how they do business. But I think it might be worhtwhile to toss this around a bit. Perhaps the RIM license is a reasonable point of comparison?

Appreciate any input from anyone that has thoughts on the above.

Opty

New Message
Please login to post a reply