Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Re: "Schrock" What a complete disappointment he turned out to be
Sep 09, 2012 03:19AM

Schrock was the Chairman of the Corporate Development M&A Committee. I believe he was invited by Goerner, and began in April 2008 until January 2011.

As Chair of the M&A Committee, he would likely have had to preview, filter and approve of any acquisition. Before reporting his recommendations to the full Board, I can't imagine he didn't meet with Goerner and his team (I assume that included Cliff since he was the CFO and there were cashflow,budgeting & revenue forcasts considerations) and thoroughly question them as to the future prospects of these industries as well as the viability and practicality of our business and execution plans. I doubt any acquisition/investment would have been made had he disapproved of it.

PTSC made five acquisitions/investments while he was the Chairman:

1. Crossflow Systems (imo likely to exceed $20,000,000 in total losses, Sold)

2. Talis Data Systems ($680,000 impairment, Disolved)

3. Avot Media ($1,300,000 impairment)

4. Verras Medical ($182,000 gain reported, Sold)

5. Vigily ($60,000 gain reported, Sold)

Perhaps someone can square this circle ? If Schrock's responsibility as M&A Chair was to consult with Goerner and his team before he was satisfied that these investments should be made, how was it that Gloria wrote ...

"We later realized that our management had ventured into a field they knew nothing about and did not fully understand. Big Mistake."

Schrock was compensated a total of $223,000 for his BOD service; $172,000 cash, and the balance in Stock Options.

Filings and Form 4s indicate Schrock was never a PTSC Shareholder during his 33 months as a BOD member.

New Message
Please login to post a reply