Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: Alternative Fee Structure for TPL's other ITC complaint?

It will be interesting to see if the "alternative fee structure" route turns out out to be more or less expensive in the long run.

For example, let's assume this means a contingency basis fee structure of some kind. To date, the costs to prosecute the MMP licensing have been $66M to bring in $312M in fees, so essentially, it's been just over 21% of the total license fees collected going to pay for the costs to bring those in. Assuming the CommAg holds and TPL gets/has gotten their 15% off the top, that means the other 6% has gone mostly to outside lawyers.

If the new lawyers have agreed to a fee for only the cases they're involved with ie T3 and/or ITC, then I assume they will have negotiated some relatively low amount to cover ongoing expenses with the caveat that they'd get some payday down the road depending on the outcomes. If it's a fixed fee payout of some sort, that might be mean they collect $10M for example for a result greater than $30M or something of that nature.

Or perhaps, they've negotiated a fixed percentage of say 10% of any resultant settlement or verdict, and perhaps 10% of any subsequent licensing for the following 2 years. In that case, if there were a $30M T3 settlement, followed by another $200M in licensing over the next 2 years, those lawyers would get $23M instead of $10M. Not a bad deal if for them.

I have no idea what kind of agreements they have or if these numbers or agreement types are plausible or even in the realm of reasonability, but it would be interesting to see what kind of contract TPL/PTSC/Allliancense would have made with those lawyers, and if DL tries any of his shenaningans with them?! I would hope not, but..... insert your best lawyer joke here....! lol.

New Message
Please login to post a reply