Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Jun 06, 2013 10:33PM
Jun 07, 2013 12:32AM

I agree we shouldn't rehash the all of the political nonsense here but separating the Obama slam and the dubious "news" source (Fox) from the actual content of the article you posted sparks a number of interesting questions-

Strictly from a political standpoint - if you are the current administration where do you want this all to end up?

I know it is somewhat outrageous to do so - but PTSC & Moore seems to me to be somewhat of a microcosm of the current intellectual property debate so - If I may be so bold as to take the context of the ongoing PTSC/TPL/Alliacense T2 and ITC cases and run it up the flagpole here ;-) ! -

It seems to me that attempts by those in power to influence positions in the ITC case that would essentially reward foreign companies (both Korean and Chinese) and would reward Taiwanese companies in the T2 NDOC for dragging these court cases out for years now would be met with all sorts of scorn in the political arena. Taking this kind of position - if this is even a remote consideration -I don't know- or if this is one of the higher priority debate items- it seems to me that it would score zero political points for anyone especially in light of all sorts of ongoing outcry and concerns with protection of intellectual property related to the purported disregard of intellectual property laws of this country by foreign compnies and countries - (which in the case of China are many times one and the same) and the outright stealing and copying of our technology. Are the "big business" lobbyists and their buckets of cash able to overcome these "David vs Goliath" & "those damn foreigners are stealing our tech" sentiments ? Who knows?

The play here - strictly from a clean political standpoint is to send a loud and clear message to the Chinese, Koreans & Taiwanese via the MMP that US IP is sacrosanct and those countries and companies that coopt "our" homespun technology will be punished! Yeah! That's it!

We all wish - of course - that it were that simple.

There DOES seem to be a strange ebb & flow going on with the Samsung & Apple IP battles and the latest administration statements about patents & IP that has the pendulum -complete with 10,000 plus PTSC shareholders and all its consequences - swinging ominously back and forth here.

Hang on folks!

New Message
Please login to post a reply