Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: The public trial brought to general light some questionable analysis

I went to Fly By Night Electronics Supply the other day to buy a 90" Flat Screen Theatre System, and they had the model I wanted but no price tag on it. I asked the sales guy how much. He told me that it would be $3M! I looked at him funny. I looked around a little more and went back to him and asked him again. He said $3M! I said, you've got to be joking right?! He said, well, that's the price we think you should pay, but if you buy it today, we'll give it to you for $40K. I looked around for the "You've been punked" camera crew but didn't see anyone. I thought maybe this guy was some scammer in off the street trying to pose as a sales guy and get folks' money. I looked around some more, but really was interested in the 90" as we needed it for the project I was putting together. I went back to the manager and told him I'd pay $1K for the TV, and he agreed to do the deal with me.

Interestingly enough, I went by Best Buy a few days later and saw the same theater on sale for $50K. There it was, right on the price tag. While I was there, 2 people actually bought the system.

I drove by the place I bought mine a week later, but they had closed. Turns out they BK'd.

Hmmmm...

Wonder why anyone would choose to do business this way. You'd think anyone who did would rethink their business plan.

New Message
Please login to post a reply