Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Strange .. so strange, especially for having a CPA as our Temp CFO, and a CPA on the BOD. Flowers was not our CFO until Sept 2007

I contacted numerous Shareholders when that curious event occurred, every single Shareholder that I contacted held their shares in Street Name, and all together they were held in five different large household named brokerage firms. Every Shareholder I contacted in that diverse sampling did NOT get the Corrected 1099s from the first time the company said they sent them out. If they didn't, then it's highly likely that all, if not the vast majority of PTSC Shareholders who held at those same brokerage firms, did not either. I'd guess that 95% of all shareholders hold PTSC stock in Street Name, and I'd further guess that those same brokerage companies that were named to me hold over 75% of any and all shares even held in street name.

I have my notes from my inquiry archived in my files. I use Schwab, and I corresponded to Schwab asking about this. They send me a letter back indicating that they did not receive that represented first round of Corrected 1099s. What Percentage of PTSC Shareholders use Schwab ? I would imagine quite a few, as it's among the largest retail brokerage firms.

I've always felt that 1099 and Tax treatment error was a highly unusual and remarkable event, and I even brought it up to the company. I asked about our Transfer Agent, and I tried to get confirmation of exactly when those Corrected 1099s were sent out the first time; but to no avail. I even went so far as to ask more than one BOD member when THEY received their corrected 1099, and if they held their shares in Steet name or Certificate form.

So, first we have an unfathomable incorrect dividend tax treatment mistake, then we have odd statements by the company regarding needing to make two Corrected 1099 notifications to Shareholders, and even going to far as to use the company website as a mass notification. I found/find their whole tax treatment and 1099 story very very odd, and I have my own suspicions about it.

By the way, that statement by the company was made in September, a full 5 months after individual 2006 Tax Returns were due, or after taxes may have already been paid on those now "non taxable" dividends to the IRS.

New Message
Please login to post a reply