Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Those of you who have been here a while have seen the license spreadsheet that I used to keep that kept tabs to the infringers last reported annual reveues and the license fee they paid, or as PTSC/TPL started to try to hide all of that, the aggregate fees and aggregate annual revenues. Some here who used to like to discredit the truth tellers, and prop up the company officials, used to try to dissuade that as a logical metric.

Along the way of this whole sordid affair though, PTSC/TPL admitted that they basically go after the infringing companies for a license fee that corresponds to that infringers annual revenues for infringing products, confirming the metodology in concept, though my info could never be that precise as I was using gross revenue for all products, not just infringing ones.

However, with the Apple deal and some of the other amazingly corrupt things TPL did that PTSC essentially gave them carte blanche to do, I gave up keeping track of that info, as it was clearly a waste of my time. However, if you go back, you can still get a sense by compariing what has happened in the past. For the first 72 licenses, for which my info was fairly accurate, it worked out that the MMP would garner about $1 in license revenue for each $3000 or so of revenue the infringer would take in.
Looking at Novatel's financial statements, they averaged around $360M in revenue over the last 3 years. Using that, and the $1/$3000 historical ratio, this most recent license might have netted around $130K in a license fee.
You'd hope it be higher based on the resistance to license, the increased period of infringement, and the 4th quarter timing of the license, but I wouldn't be surprised if we find this was the sacrificial infringer, to feed the $$ to fight the remaining larger fish.
Looking at the June & Aug 2013 quarter that DataLogic and Kyocera both signed for an aggregate of $1.49M, on combined revenues of $13.67B (a ratio of $1 in license fee for each $9000 in revenue), it would suggest an even lower fee than I guess above.
In any case, I expect us to find out this license was for less than $200K and was simply to feed the lawyers, so as to protect the PTSC treasury so it can support our BOD & Management's gluttony.
Jul 06, 2015 03:45PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply