Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

RE: OT: The economy and ``buying American``.....

posted on Jan 06, 2006 06:05AM
Very few things are truly American made any more - do some research into where the steel comes for your auto, where the sub-assemblies are being made. and where replacement parts are originating.

GM is shifting many manufacturing operations overseas for the bottom line.

Reason? American wages and our culture concerning quality.

Our pants are getting beaten off our butts by people who will take the typical $25/$30 and hr. job and do it for 1/10...

The post I passed along yesterday points out that our economy and monetary system is fragile and coming under attack. It`s become this fragile because of our own doing, our own lack of savings and (yes, I agree) our culture of greed.

Check very recent news where China has stated it will shift investments away from the dollar:

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/f39fa8e4-7e25-11da-8ef9-0000779e2340.html

We will be forced as a country to more rapidly abandon our ``buy American`` stance, just as a matter of survival.

It will be a gradual process for this country where you may not see it in a crash, but with a stagnation of wages, but increases in goods...I.E. the value of your dollar will decrease.

Regards

New Message
Please login to post a reply