Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

posted on Jul 05, 2008 08:55PM

D-Day (Liberation of Europe from the tyranny of Hilter)

Over 425,000 Allied and German troops were killed, wounded or went missing during the Battle of Normandy. This figure includes over 209,000 Allied casualties, with nearly 37,000 dead amongst the ground forces and a further 16,714 deaths amongst the Allied air forces. Of the Allied casualties, 83,045 were from 21st Army Group (British, Canadian and Polish ground forces), 125,847 from the US ground forces. The losses of the German forces during the Battle of Normandy can only be estimated. Roughly 200,000 German troops were killed or wounded. The Allies also captured 200,000 prisoners of war (not included in the 425,000 total, above). During the fighting around the Falaise Pocket (August 1944) alone, the Germans suffered losses of around 90,000, including prisoners.

Today, twenty-seven war cemeteries hold the remains of over 110,000 dead from both sides: 77,866 German, 9386 American, 17,769 British, 5002 Canadian and 650 Poles.

The above statistics represent the casualties that the Allies, primarily American troops, endured during the fighting in a THREE DAY PERIOD!

It should cause the reader to think for a moment. So many casualties fought by the youth that represented what Tom Brokoff claims as the Great Generation. They were young. The average age of the fighting soldier on D-Day was 23.

Now a new generation, average age of 22, is fighting a war the likes that have never been seen before. There are no battle lines, no great battles, and no great leader like Eisenhower or Patton, of long ago.

YET, in SIX YEARS of fighting, our country has lost only 3,497 soldiers!!

If today’s Congress knew the casualties that occurred to liberate France and Western Europe, they would probably demand an immediate surrender to the Germans.

Don’t get me wrong. I too find the loss of American lives in the War on Terror terrible. But compared to those that occurred in three days of fighting 62 years ago, I think that we have been doing very well.

However, Congress is full of COWARDS! If we had cut-n-run back then, we would probably be speaking German. I pray that Congress thinks before acting and support the President. America should not run!

New Message
Please login to post a reply