Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Pickens plan

posted on Oct 01, 2008 11:04AM

I was thinking after watching the video clip on pickens plan.

http://www.pickensplan.com/index.php

If I understand Pickens plan correctly, if this new wind powered plant in Texas is going to be producing 4000 Megawatts of power; and this amount would save the equivalent of 20% of our total fuel consumption for electricity; then instead of just building one of these plants, why don't we build 5 of them across the central U.S.? That alone would take care of 100% of our current electrical needs in this country.

If we were to build 10 of those plants in the central U.S., running from the Canadian border to Mexico and tie into their electric grids, we could be a net exporter of electricity and make a nice profit in the process. We could probably power all of Canada and Mexico simultaneously. And we could get those climate change people off our backs at the same time.

We could still convert over to natural gas powered cars like Pickens says and cut our demand for importing oil and keeping all of that money in our economy.

We could sale these windmill plants to anyone in the world and cut their oil consumption also. Again, making more money for us, cutting world oil consumption and prices, and cutting down on pollution around the world.

- 67GTO

PS. It's great being a conservative and figuring how to conserve around the world! :) Pickens is a big oil man. I wonder what the tree huggers think about him?

New Message
Please login to post a reply