Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Apr 20, 2009 11:00AM

In huge portions of this country Fat, it is still common for children to be taught how to use, maintain, and be responsible for weapons. It's generational here. Where I come from, everyone in my family owns guns. Not literally, but pretty much everyone in the state I come from owns and uses weapons. And it is absolutely no big thing.

When you are taught as a child in the responsible use and maintanance of weapons, you grow up that way. You respect guns and take the use and ownership of weapons seriously. And you teach your kids the same thing; and so on down the generations.

I still have my very first shotgun and rifle that I received when I was 11 yrs. old; a .22 calibur semi-auto rifle, and a .410 gauge single shot crack barrel shotgun. I was taught how to maintain these weapons, shoot them, and how to be a responsible gun owner. These weapons were mine. I maintained position of them, not my parents. My dad taught me how to be responsible; why shouldn't I have my own guns?

Guns are nothing to be afraid of; they are just inanimate objects. If you set one down next to you and don't touch it, unlike a snake next to you, it's not going to reach out and get you.

Guns aren't bad. Bad people that have guns are bad. Are the guns that police carry bad guns? Are the weapons that the military carry bad weapons? No, it's the bad people who use them in bad ways. Guns don't kill people, bad people using guns kill people.

If bad people started wacking others over the head with hammers and killing them, would that make all hammers bad? Should we fear hammers? Are the hammers out to get us?

Please read the article that I've attached about the numbers of guns in this country and their affects.

http://www.coastalpost.com/01/7/19.htm

There is no desperation here. Please don't play the emotional victim card with us. In your own country, crime as a whole went up after all your handguns were taken away from you. (After the politicians said that they would never do that and only wanted you to register them for "public safety" and your own good).

This isn't your concern Fat. This is our country and our rights. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to keep and bear arms. If you want to give your guns up in your own country and be sad victims; then have at it.

- 67GTO

Apr 21, 2009 06:56AM
Apr 21, 2009 03:00PM
Apr 22, 2009 06:27AM
Apr 22, 2009 10:57AM
Apr 22, 2009 01:05PM
Apr 22, 2009 01:51PM
Apr 22, 2009 02:30PM
Apr 23, 2009 06:43AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply