Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free
Message: “Only about 21 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans."

Re: For the neocon forum, a query....

posted on Apr 29, 2009 03:01PM

"What don't you people understand about elections? When a party scews up they're voted out. American citizens have spoken!"

Which citizens?

Borredo, I don't judge people by who they voted for. I judge people on why they voted. Sometime in the future, when the smoke and BS clears the political stage we will know how and why Obama got elected. I agree that people vote on past performance, but what past performance did he have?

I think that history will show that the youth vote, the black vote and the liberal white vote (majority Jewish) carried the day for him. If you look at each of these segments individually it is interesting to note that the black vote is understandable, but the youth and Jewish vote can be somewhat more perplexing. Perhaps the youth of today (both white and black) are used to black role models from sports, rap music and hollywood. The Jews have typically been democratic.

I don't think you will disagree, being a republican, that most colleges and universities in this country a very liberal. It is in these halls where our youth become liberalized, so maybe it's no coincidence that a black man who has the charism of the sport, rap, hollywood image can be a compelling person to vote for in troubled times. But why, what has he done, what are his creds? I'll bet even you can't answer that!

Most of my Jewish friends did not vote for O. They tried to persuade their Jewish friends, with facts, to avoid the traditional Dem. vote, but it did not work. I now see those same people who didn't listen, firing e-mails back and forth about the seemingly anti-Israeli stance, of late, by the new administration. O. allowing and helping Syrian-Turkish war games etc.

The point of all of the above is to try to show that the mainstream of America, those who really built this country, our fathers and grandfathers for the most part were not these young, black Jewish people of today. Not to demean their ancestors efforts in our past, but they are not the majority who fought in our wars, created technology and molded our way of life. This mainstream of Americans (R"s, D"s, I"s) did not vote for O. They made up the 47-48% who didn't vote for him. Perhaps a candidate other than McCain could have have swung the other 3 or 4 percent needed to change the outcome. You, however, are trying to make it sound like 79% of Americans don't want to admit they are republicans. You are correct in the number but I think for the wrong reason. Many Dems. refused to vote for O. Also many Independents, and to be fair even some illegal aliens.

Politics is much like our little stock on the main forum. What goes on behind the scenes will never be shared with Joe Blow. And much like the forum discussions, partisanism is our worst enemy. It has gotten to the point where truth is unrecognizable by the opposite side. This is what will eventually be the undoing of our society as we have known it.

JMHO

Be well

New Message
Please login to post a reply