Mosaic ImmunoEngineering is a nanotechnology-based immunotherapy company developing therapeutics and vaccines to positively impact the lives of patients and their families.

Free

Re: Acorn

in response to by
posted on Oct 24, 2009 12:43PM

Congress Defunds ACORN, President Waits

A hot topic over the past month has been the federal funding of a group known as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN). I wanted to inform you of recent developments regarding this organization. Reports and videos have shown ACORN employees giving advice in schemes involving tax evasion, prostitution, human trafficking, fraud and conspiracy. These are only the latest revelations in a pattern of wrongdoing, including significant charges of voter registration fraud in of the last election. I strongly support the calls for a Justice Department investigation into ACORN and the potentially criminal activities by some of its employees. This group certainly shouldn’t be receiving taxpayer dollars, and I’m pleased that both the House and Senate passed legislation to strip funding from ACORN once and for all. I signed a letter to the President urging him to issue a directive to all government agencies and departments to halt funding for ACORN immediately. Unfortunately, President Obama has thus far turned a deaf ear to the legitimate concerns of both Congress and the American people. Share your thoughts

September 2009

New Message
Please login to post a reply