HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Aug 24, 2010 07:21PM
Aug 25, 2010 12:18AM

Sudsy, you are advocating a "new" (different) CEO and supporting this by referring to a number of events. You may have the right idea here and a "new" CEO might get things moving better. Wes is well-credentialled, perhaps over-qualified for this specific challenge, but for sure the B of D won't unload him, barring a significant and obvious miscue or the proverbial "black swan" event.

I tend to see the SP depressed by external conditions rather than events that may be affected by our CEO, such as:

The Infrastructure Deficit: Until we have something concrete here no investment (as opposed to speculative) funds will flow into the ROF and NOT.

World Economy: the US economy is shot, sustained only by its momentum. Our Canadian Economy is heavily dependent on it and interwoven with it to such an extent it will be very difficult to change horses in midstream, even if BRIC continues to expand.

Governments, Federal & Province: are strapped. They will make comforting noises about supporting the ROF but spending priorities are set by political pressures and we are awaiting a real heavyweight (one or more) to really bring home the political bacon for us.

First Nations: A wild card.

There are others, but the idea here is to add to the debate as to whether or not a change of CEO will save the day for us. Personally, I don't think so.

In addition to everything else, our B of D does not have a sterlling repution. Like it or lump it, many have avoided NOT stock for this reason and others have withdrawn with this as a significant factor. We have on our B of D some highly competent people, but there is a fear that in the end, they will be acting much more in their own interests than that of the shareholders as should be the case.

I am trying to be realistic here, not knock my own holding. This is part of risk assessment and obviously I see the upside potentially overcoming all of the negatives and providing a substantial reward for assuming the not unsubstantial risk. This must be an ongoing exercise so I am hoping for a breakthrough soon which will decrease the risk and open the door to an SP commensurate with our great resource.

Best to all NOT longs,

O.F.

New Message
Please login to post a reply