HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

http://www.wawataynews.ca/archive/all/2011/9/2/arthur-moore-joins-cliffs_21831

Arthur Moore joins Cliffs

Friday September 2, 2011

Former Constance Lake chief Arthur Moore is now district manager, First Nations relations with Cliffs Natural Resources, one of the mining companies in the Ring of Fire mineral exploration area.

“With my experience and knowledge, I think I can provide good input,” Moore said of his new job. “So far it’s been good. It’s a good environment at the office.”

The Ring of Fire is located in the James Bay lowlands northeast of Thunder Bay. About 35 mining companies are exploring the area spanning about 4,000 square kilometres for minerals such as chromite, nickel, copper, platinum, zinc, gold and diamonds.

Cliffs, an international mining and natural resources company based in Cleveland, Ohio, is at the forefront of the exploration activity.

The company is one of the largest producers of iron ore pellets in North America. It has a focus on serving the world’s largest and fastest growing steel markets. Chromite is used in the production of stainless steel.

Moore began his employment with Cliffs Aug. 2. His role is to work with First Nations and government agencies to prevent misunderstandings and ensure good communications are in place, especially in the environmental assessment process to ensure correct information is delivered to the communities.

“We are planning to do bulletins with the First Nations,” Moore said. “We need that dialogue and the dynamics to have a good relationship.”

Moore said it is important to prevent misunderstandings and improve relationships with First Nations.

Moore had three good job offers before he decided to accept the offer from Cliffs.

“I work with senior management from Cliffs’ headquarters,” Moore said.

His immediate supervisor is Joe Gaboury, director of Aboriginal Affairs with Cliffs, and he also works with the company’s directors of environment and development at the new Cliffs office in Thunder Bay.

“I hope to see growth in the communities and establishing of good relationships,” Moore said. “They (Cliffs) know that is a priority and they know they need to establish contacts with First Nations and governments as well.”

Moore wants to see more prosperity, wealth generation, capacity building and employment opportunities in the communities as well as an improvement to the health and wellbeing of community members.

Prior to being chief of Constance Lake, Moore was a business administration instructor at Confederation College and a capital management coordinator/local government advisor with Indian and Northern Affairs Canada.

New Message
Please login to post a reply