Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I understand your enthusiasm(been there) - but you might want to slow down a bit. This board, and the previous SH is quite good at showcasing the progress of POET, and Dr. Taylor certainly has achieved a notable breakthough - BUT as an investor consider the fact that the INTELs and IBMs of the world have not snapped this company up -with its patents and Dr. Taylor(with proper incentives) for what for them is chump change If this is truly a transformational technology - one has to wonder why. Since this board routinely speculates on future uses, valuation, etc. of the technology - I think speculating on the down side is fair. Possible reasons could be:

1. They are unaware and POET is below the radar. I don't buy that for a second. These guys aren't dumb, they read the literature, and Dr. Taylor has presented at scientific conferences.

2. They have billions invested in their own research for the next Moore's law chip (IBM and graphene for example)and want to protect that. All the more reason to buy the company cheaply - or for a second tier company to partner with OPEL to leapfrog over the competition. I have been invested in this company for over two years and despite hints along the way, this has not happened.

3. They feel the technology is not scalable to a commercial level - at an acceptable cost.

4. Availability of enough Gallium arsenide for massive commercial production at a reasonable cost.

5..Possible environmental and safety concerns regarding the handling and eventual disposition of the millions of devices containing gallium arsenide.

That's just off the top of my head. Don't get me wrong - I'm still invested in the company, though to a much lesser extent than 2 years ago (at a much lower cost basis per share) - and I hope they succeed - but I'm not using my grocery money.

I look forward to an answer to my questions about gallium arsenide by the tekkies on the board.

New Message
Please login to post a reply