Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I finally got Reuters to answer my requests to reclassify POET as a semiconductor company instead of a renewable energy company. I also asked them to change the description to remove references to solar. This was the response I got:

Apologies for the delay in response. Kindly see the response from our data team below:

You raised a request regarding the Thomson Reuters Business Classification (TRBC) codes 2012 for the Company POET TECHNOLOGIES. It was earlier incorrectly updated as renewable energy equipment/services. We have failed to update the TRBC 2012 for the Company, as a result of internal process failure. Now we have updated the correct TRBC code based on the Company’s Website. We have updated the TRBC 2012 code as Integrated Circuits (5710101011). Please find the explanation for the New TRBC code:

The Integrated Circuits activity consists of companies engaged in manufacturing electronic circuits by the patterned diffusion of trace elements into the surface of a thin substrate of semiconductor material. The activity includes diodes, transistors, optoelectronics, printed circuit boards (PCBs), lead frames, system on chips (SOCs), microcontrollers, management and control ICs, as well as wafers, crystalline silicon and other semiconductor materials.

We hope the query has been investigated to your satisfaction. Please allow 24-48 hours for the updated data to reflect on Thomson Reuters products.

Thanks & Regards,

Reuters.com Team

No changes have taken place, but they said they might take 48h. I can't tell from their response if they changed the company profile description. I'm going to contact them again if I see that the classification has changed but the description still mentions solar.

Several of the stock news sites draw their info from Reuters, including Google so hopefully any changes will filter down quickly.

I also got in touch with Globe and Mail - they still have Robert Pico as our CEO . . .

New Message
Please login to post a reply