Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Enough of the bogus insider selling and lamentations regarding the current stock price. POET is in a strange position as a public company. The entire value of the company is in its intellectual property and the market capitalization essentially reflects the market's estimation of the value of that IP * the probability of that value being realized.

As investors (myself included), we believe that either the value of the IP or the probability of that value being realized is higher than indicated by the share price. If POET does move towards licencsing, it gets harder to value the company compared to a full sale of the company at the end of the year. When would license fees materialize? Would these ramp up over time? How would those profits be transfered to shareholders? POET would become essentially a shell holding company with minimal general administrative costs.

If POET were to be widely adopted, licensing could be extremely lucrative. However that would not materialize right away but rather would be an increasing income stream over time. All of that, of course, assumes that POET (or PET) is adopted and those chips are mass produced.

This board is quite active, and if I missed discussions on this topic, I apologize.

New Message
Please login to post a reply