Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I'm sorry, but I am not at all surprised by the responses from so-called experts concerning POET and its development. They get a very cursory overview from some layperson and cast judgement on something they know little or nothing about. After spending many moons in the midst of these "experts", I know many have little patience for anything new that may challenge their islands. Many have myopic attitudes and I'm sure this a hurdle that LS and others need to overcome in their discussions.

I recall spending almost two years fighting IT people when we wanted to install some - get this - 386 machines - and run some custom software. They kept pushing the big mainframe solutions. Well, finally we pushed past them but they fought all the way. I think by the time they got on board we were alreading looking at 486 machines and better.

All this to say I don't put to much stock in any "expert" that gives an off-the-cuff response to a technology they probably know nothing or little about. What I do value is the time I spent in the lab with the good doctor and the other people from the Big Bang set. These guys are working to make it work! As I have noted previously in my limited posts, either you believe or you don't.

I recall an older manuscript from the British House of Commons where many MPs belittled the possibilty of the telephone being any kind of game-changer. The invention was scoffed at.

So....I have no problem holding my shares until the good doctor and the Big Bang boys tell me they have wasted 20 years of their lives.

I am sorry, but thats just my take.

New Message
Please login to post a reply