Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

<!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

After the AGM I wrote some perceptions that were copied here recently. Thought it would be good to read over what I had said only a couple months ago - and it actually surprised me a bit. What I saw and heard at the AGM led me to have an even greater confidence in the technology and the people at POET than ever before. Now knowing they have followed thru on what I heard continues to make me hold tight, despite the current SP. I would be surprised if we we don't hear something very soon that will benefit all stakeholders.

From post on June 22. (note NR was shortly after ........on June 27.)

<!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]-->

Here is my perspective on what I heard thru discussions, the open meeting and the lab tour.

• We can look forward to total redesign of the web page in the next few weeks.
  • No new valuation will be done as its deemed to time consuming and the cost/benefit at this point is not good. POET will engage the company that did the original document when required – meaning if and when an offer is being reviewed. It is believed that the valuation is certainly higher now than noted in the original valuation a couple years ago.
  • Burn rate has been reduced dramatically and was emphasized that everyone drove to the AGM and expenses monitored closely
  • Reiterated that they do not expect to need more capital before completion of sale or licensing
  • They are not happy either with current share price. Don’t appear to be happy on the Vulture.
  • IBK continues to be confident
  • Good feedback in industry about Dr. C joining Board – some very surprised as he was retiring but wanted in on POET
  • It was stressed often that there is much they cannot say in public at this point and they will divulge pertinent info as soon as possible. No surprise here other than the fact it was stressed by management at several different times over the day
  • team is coming together to comprise the SSC and they are excited about it. I would guess they have had an offer but it was so low it was insignificant. They believe the technology is saleable now in its current development stage but will reap much more very shortly.
  • Meetings/discussions are ongoing with major players. There will not be one “white paper” per say, but they will adapt each confidential paper to the needs of the possible purchaser/licensee.
  • Decision made not to leave wafers with potential buyers. Concern IP will be jeopordized so POET engineer will demo wafers and oversee application at prospect’s site
  • They are pleased with Atomic relationship thus far. Has opened many doors and made good contacts possible, but seeing the decision makers is longer process, and maybe larger task, than they anticpated. They expect to ramp up contacts now with name change and lab back online.
  • Interviews have been done with some major US and Cdn media. Editors of those pubs in control of when articles will run, if at all.
  • Sandy caused power outage of main and back-up sources. Caused major problem and delay as previously noted. Explained very well. (another post here noted some more detail)
  • milestones still in place with timetables – they (including those at the lab) are very confident they will reach each milestone
  • techies who ares vested are wishing they had bought more shares and are believing/ hoping for public announcements on POET progress in the very near future.

So overall, a very positive experience. Management team, despite their positive spin on everything, did temper their enthusiasm somewhat and seemed very realistic about the future SP, making no rash predictions, but definitely unhappy with where we sit. They do believe their reputations are on the line with this technology and want it to succeed. The lab team is fantastic. It was like visiting the set of Big Bang. They are committed. POET is their lifeblood after years of invested time. They said several times that, at this point, they can see no reason why they cannot bring POET to the place where it will be fruitful for all involved and are excited it is so close. They are already looking towards the next phases of POET (quantum dots and more).

In summary. I would expect the announcement of the next milestone to be made shortly – this month as stated in the timetable. I would expect, given comments at the lab, milestone 6 to be ahead of schedule. I would expect to see more trading activity shortly as the “dog and pony” show gets underway. As one of the management team told us, if this (sale & or licensing) hasn’t happened with a year, then he & others should be fired. Based on what I have seen and heard, sounds good to me.

New Message
Please login to post a reply