Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

There is no doubt about the frustration on this board with the seemingly lack of progress, and the seemingly lack of care concerning the SP from the powers that be within POET. The selling of shares by some supposed longs is a sign of that frustration. I am sorry, I admit to feeling it too at times. Especially when I know I am way overweight in this investment - and have been here for many years now.

I am sorry but silly me has actually added to my ridiculous position over the last month...not a huge add but add nonetheless. Am I am nuts or what?

Well, I look at it this way. After being to two AGM's - and especially after the lab tour, I figure this is the best "risky" investment I can make that could be a life changer. I have held some bank shares - TD, Wells Fargo, Canadian Western........nice. Made a little. Lost a bit on Nortel a few years back. Did fairly well with one small company that got bought out by GE for nice per share price, but it didn't amount to much considering not much was invested. I lost a bit on another small company that Disney bought out. The buyout came when the stock was down 50% from where I purchased. Not good. Held some stuff like Manitoba Tel, Russell Metals and others that paid a nice dividend. No big deal.

So now POET.......and lots more invested.

I've said it before, but being on the lab tour and meeting this team was enlightening. To see and talk with these lab guys - who have worked on this project for years - getting excited about the technology and how close they are after years of development - well, you couldn't help but believe it is close. I mean some on this board see being invested for a year or 2 as a burden, and I guess if they are looking for a short term little blip gain, then fine, I get the frustration. Yet the lab boys I talked to have spent years and years of their lives working on this. They did not appear the least bit frustrated, but portrayed only intense passion with an animation that is hard to describe. Dr. Taylor was the same. And I got the feeling the way LS talked, he believes this is going somewhere - no doubt in his mind.

So add in some others like AC and SG, and I start to see why I added to my all too hefty position. This stock may be a game changer for the industry. I want it to be a life changer for me and my family, and everyone here that has a stake.

So until someone tells me this POET stuff ain't gonna work, I'm sorry, but I'm not sellin' nothin'.

New Message
Please login to post a reply