Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Skeptical means “having reservations”. Someone who is skeptical will not easily be convinced, will be hard to persuade.

The main meaning of cynical is “believing the worst of people”, or as NOAD says, “distrustful of human sincerity or integrity”. By extension, it has come to mean “doubting something will happen”, which can be somewhat close in meaning to skeptical in some cases, but not generally.

I have been travelling for a few days and missed the action over the last couple days. It amazes me how much people turn and eat each other when things don't go as they planned or hoped.

I think it is very good to be somewhat skeptical given our technology and the paradigm shift being proposed in an industry so entrenched........ and worth so much. I think being skeptical means asking the hard questions and doing your dd, but it is not being cynical, jumping to conclusions (especially when we do not have all the information), or being belligerent.

At the risk of being repetitive, either we believe in this technology or we don't. We can believe in the management team - and I think its a good one - and still be skeptical of some their actions, realizing we are not privy to their knowledge of the situation. However, if we really become a Poet tech and management cynic because of a PP we were surprised by........if thats all it takes to go from a reasonable skeptic to flip overnight and become cynical, then it is time to sell and move on as quickly as we can.

For me, despite all I have seen and heard about Poet, and while I am optimistic, I have no issue with a healthey dose of skepticism, but unlike some others, I will focus on the prize at the end of the race and will try not to become cynical any time soon.

Here's to M5 right thru to M whatever! Lets make it happen for all here to benefit!

New Message
Please login to post a reply