Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: A little rein"airforce"ment we should feel good about
From Form 20-F

"After testing, the Air Force Commercialization Pilot Program (“CPP”) selected POET’s ultraviolet/infrared/visible imaging technology project as their candidate for an AFRL grant to fund the POET transition program and Phase III effort. Utilizing AFRL funding, the Company and BAE have entered into a transition program to jointly produce the POET platform and take it to production. Furthermore, BAE and other military prime contractors have expressed interest in using the POET platform in systems/subsystems for their Department of Defense customers. Additionally, a qualifier for receiving CPP funding is the acknowledgement of the firm’s willingness to commercialize a portion of the funded technology, thus providing commercial customers access to packaged parts, enabling the technology to be adopted for commercial and military systems."

What are the three phases of a NASA SBIR and STTR programs?

Published 02/14/2013 01:46 PM | Updated 12/26/2013 12:19 PM
What are the three phases of a NASA Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs?

The SBIR and STTR programs have 3 phases:

Phase I is the opportunity to establish the scientific, technical, and commercial feasibility of the proposed innovation in fulfillment of NASA needs.
Awards are for periods of six months and in amounts up to $25,000.

Phase II is focused on the development, demonstration and delivery of the proposed innovation.
Awards are for periods of up to two years in amounts up to $750,000.

Phase III is the commercialization of innovative technologies, products, and services resulting from either a Phase I or Phase II contract.
Phase III contracts are funded from sources other than the SBIR and STTR programs and may be awarded without further competition.

Historically, the percentage of Phase I proposals to awards is approximately 13-15% for SBIR and STTR, and approximately 35-40% of the selected Phase I contracts are competitively selected for Phase II follow-on efforts.

And don't forget -- "Currently, the POET platform is being utilized within a NASA deep space probe initiative."

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. See y'all tomorrow!

IAS

New Message
Please login to post a reply