Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Re: GSF Has anyone ever been there, or Know someone that has been?

Hi all,

New to the forum and a recent investor.

I can thow a little more light on the GSF as I used to work for the company who created and hosts the conference.

The owners of the The GSF have gone thorugh a few management changes and changes of overall ownership since, but the core team and principle of the conference and the style in which it is hosted remains the same.

Arena as they are now (previously owned by progressive digital, SPG Media before that) has a number of conferences in a similar structure: this packagaing conference being a good example: http://www.arena-international.com/pace/

I think some people may be getting a little ahead of themselves with the concept of 'Invitation Only' - this is in all reality is just a marketing gimmick. They are an events company who's main aim is to drive delegate numbers. They will have invited almost anyone with a tangible link to the semiconductor market with the lure of senior management attendance and networking opportunities.

POET will have paid to attend, in the same way that any delegate pays to attend any conference.

In the intital years I would say the organisers understanding of the market was somewhat limited and the success and quality of the event was low key. Now I am not saying for one minute that the quality of networking and opportunity has not grown exponentially over the last 8-10 years, but I would at least temper expectations a little as this is most certainly not a huge exhibition in the vein of a SWSX or a Cannes based event.

It is a two day event (pretty light for such a huge industry) and on the semiconductor calendar there are probably many more prestigious events that POET could attend.

I, like everyone here, would love the GSF to bear some fruit, but I can at least temper that hope with a dose of realistic expectation.

Hope that isn't too dour a first post, but though it might prove useful for some.

Cheers

New Message
Please login to post a reply