Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Mar 19, 2014 02:26PM

Mar 19, 2014 02:49PM

not hard to see how much work is there.

On another note, it was hp's 1st quarter reporting today, I read through a lot of the ceo and cfo comments, it has some interesting stuff, no names of coures, but they do refer to a lot of new and up coming tech and products.

they make some references to the server business and channel partners below.

So as everyone on the call knows, Lenovo announced they're buying IBM's X86 server business from top to bottom. And that good news is that itdoes create an opportunity for us, because what I have learned about this business is instability and questions about the future make it very difficult.Because people want to bet on a road map, and they're worried that as a change of ownership occurs, is the road the same, is the investment the same? Is the better market going to be the same? Is the service going to be the same?So I think we have a near-term opportunity here to gain share in our enterprise services -- or in our server business. So we're all over it. We're allover it with our channel partners. I think there's a good near-term opportunity. In the long-term, obviously, Lenovo is going to be a powerful competitor and we aim to be well set up by the time the deal is done to compete really aggressively

They also mention there renewed navy contract below

With regard to the Navy contract, this was actually not really a key account runoff, because the Navycontract was rebid and we won for 10 years. So we are excited about the contract.It was a lower margin contract, as you might imagine, but we are in a very good position with the Navy, but there was profit pressure from a decreaseprofitability as we rebid that Navy contract. But it's not a runoff. It's just another 10 years at slightly lower margins.

I know this could all refer to alot of other companies as well.

sorry for the copy and paste, I wish there were more edit options.

Mar 19, 2014 02:59PM

Mar 19, 2014 05:54PM
Mar 19, 2014 07:24PM

Mar 19, 2014 08:08PM
Mar 19, 2014 08:22PM
Mar 20, 2014 11:45AM
Mar 20, 2014 12:07PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply