Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I don't believe there is much risk in the tech at this point. The concern is more "industry adoption", and this too has been significantly reduced with all the issues/discussions over Moore's Law ending and problems with EUV. I believe we already had a technology to sell at the 200nm, and now we are sub-200nm (who knows how far below), which has really de-risked the tech.

I compare this situation to that of electric vehicles. While not perfectly analagous to our situation, it is one in which an entire, mammoth industry must alter its way of thinking and realize the time is near to do something completely different. Hence the use of "paradigm shift" in articles and comments about Poet.

Even the "adoption risk" has been somewhat nullified with the wise decision made in the past by Taylor et al to make Poet usage very feasible in existing foundries without massive capital equipment changes or expense. I believe further risk reduction has occurred with the advent of quantum computing - as the Poet team is well on their way in this area as I noted on a lab tour.

Part of the elongated process was convincing these jugheads, with big egos and deep pockets with silicon written on their foreheads, that Poet and the materials utilized therein is the answer to their woes. Tough job and I think why it has taken longer than most anticipated. Regardless, I believe we have arrived after an extended selling period via personal contacts by great people on our Board. Let the Poet chips fall where they may - and may we all reap the rewards.

New Message
Please login to post a reply