Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Once upon a time, many years distant now, I studied mathematics. I liked it for its ability to be either right or wrong, no in-betweens, no prevarication (we must leave statistics where it belongs). Under appropriate circumstances it can tell tales. Sometimes the tales are irrelevant and bore the children who sigh, shrug and look elsewhere for their enjoyment, in sweets, i-pads, x-box games, books, football and other palatable and lovely diversions. But, occasionally, just now and then, there can be a surprise. The tale is better, ears are zoned in to the spoken word, eyes become fixed, minds set to focus and the mathematics becomes meaningful, real-world, relevant; a panorama opens. Do you see! can I invite you to enjoy this wondrous spectacle. It is called the beauty of mathematics, when it behaves like this it can rivet, nail, but occasionally screw you.

Well! lookee here, at this. At the very foot of this page is a 3 month graph of date on the x-axis and share price on the y-axis. What do we see? My interpretation is one which can be reasonably described as a rising trend. But, it contains a little more, for the trend in the later dates of this 3-month period has increased. That means the share price is rising faster in the last weeks of the trimester than the first weeks. This is indeed a joyous sight, a beacon of fnancial hope, dies mirabilis, perhaps even a cause for celebration. I would not dare suggest the Champagne is opened, for there can be many a slip between the cup and the lip, though a wide-brimmed glass of Rioja or Claret may suffice at this early stage.

I might just suggest, however, as there a number of large ducks appropropriately lined up over the next few weeks. Some have even suggested goodies like possible institutional interest as the share price wafts above $2.00 and onto very large and expensive city screens, and the confident hope that those who may be " in the know" are buying. In addition, there is the prestigious Empire Taylor lecture to the good and great of Ontario, maybe the Pellegrino offering, and that the Platinum disc of minaturisation known colloquially as the 100 nM project. Can it be said that my cup overfloweth? Would you dare to sell now? Is there any suggestion that we are to be sold down the Swanee? I beg for help or, more practically, information.

Can't I presuade you to love mathematics? I do. This could be the start of something quite beautiful. Isn't there a song in there somewhere is it "the Phantom or "I'm in the Money", suggestions on a postcard to Lloyd Webber by May 1st.

David

Apr 11, 2014 11:04PM

Apr 12, 2014 04:15AM
Apr 12, 2014 07:45AM
Apr 12, 2014 07:58AM

Apr 12, 2014 08:29AM
Apr 12, 2014 10:46AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply