Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Apr 24, 2014 09:51AM
Apr 24, 2014 09:53AM
Apr 24, 2014 10:46AM

"Sounds simplistic, but I don't know how else they would sell with the biggest news of all to be released."

Aves, the perception of investors varies greatly. Many of those who participate routinely with IBK, for example, are seasoned pros. They understand that they are going to hit with some and get hit with others. They don't know which, they are playing overall percentages. So, for them, the DD on POET is not at the depth that many on this board have done, and certainly, they are not in love with POET like many here are, they view it as one stock in their stable.

So, if you are they, you buy warrants, you participate in PP's and you do what you can do to take as much risk off the table before the time whatever the risk is, actually has a chance to rear its head. That way, you might break even with the losers and get rich with the winners. Those investors are a powerful source of capital for developemental companies like POET, like some miners, like many biotechs. Thus, they get thrown a bone or two.

What makes this price rise over the last two or three months in POET so great, is that it affords the retail shareholder with a similar opportunity. Based on the number of shares people have as disclosed by Rob, let's say a fellow holds 100,000 at an average price of .65, that fellow wouldn't have to sell many shares (maybe 25,000 to 30,000) to make sure he's never hurt bad on this stock (only extremely disappointed on what might have been).

What goes wrong, though, with retail (myself very much included), is that retail gets greedy, and can't part with any shares, and in fact buys more at the current, higher prices, especially as the love affair with the stock intensifies, blinding retail to the fact that this remains a speculative investment (most would agree that a stock currently trading in the 2's which many believe will be in the 70's within 12 months is highly speculativem and if it is not hghly speculative, it is extremely rare). If, then, the company doesn't deliver in the way anticipated, then things don't work out so well.

My ownership in POET is somewhat modest in terms of those who replied to Rob's survey. I have planned since the EC event was announced to sell some before the EC event, but haven't yet, why - principally greed and emotions. But, POET is just a part of my portfolio, so while very significant, it will not be a killer for me if we don't get what we anticipate in terms of news and progress. For some who may be too concentrated in POET, with too much of their net worth tied in POET, the story may be different.

GLTA!

New Message
Please login to post a reply