Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Dear Ct,

POET is sold on the Toronto Venture Capital Exchange, this tells you all your need to know about POET as an investment, it is high risk.

Whilst it has been 20 years in the development not one POET chip has been sold. Untill there is cashflow into the coffers this investment does not make economic sense to a risk averse investor. You need to be adventurous to invest in POET.

The Company shed its Solar past to pursue the gem POET is and as the CEO(interim) said recently the company is about to change from a develpment company to a production company. I understand that by the end of this year we might here the chink of coins into the till.

Despite being a high risk investment many of us on this board have sunk considerable sums of money into this investment. This is because we have a belief, not absolute knowledge, that the tehnology will do what it says on the box. faster, less heat, less power needed to run and cheaper to make using current silicon fab tools ect.... There is also belief that the context of this invention occurs during a unique time, the end of Moores Law and considerable market growth potential, 'the perfect storm'.

Our belief comes from each and everyone's individual assesment of the pros and cons, it takes time to build up this knowledge, its all somewhere on this board ,as pointed out to you, but we cannot make you read or understand it.

The problem I am having wiith your posts is that you expect everyone to do the hard work for you. From the quick turn round of your responses to helpful posts responding to your enquiries you have not enderared me to the idea that you are acturally doing your home work. A thorough appreciation would take a full weeks work to get through the materiel alone IMO.

As regards competitors, the analysis of each and every danger you percieve is beyond you, as you admit to not having the technical ability to understand technical issues. These concerns arise on this board from time to time too, and generally we feel comforted by the analysis provided by the technical elite here, that whilst there are compeditors on the horizon we seem to have them covered in time, and technological terms. No one can totally guarantee this its pure opinion but condidered opinion. But this knowledge is accumalitive and not instantly available as you appear to think.

I tell all my friends who I recommend POET to only invest what you are prepared to lose, because at present this is a speculative investment. However management has demonstrated astuteness and have achived targets broadly when they stated they would and are currently exibiting a great deal of confidense that we here are impressed with. To the extent that many here feel this investment has been derisked. But no one can look into the future and it remains a risk.

Finally, may I say that the tone of your posts imply that something is wrong with us here and POET, because you can't or won't answer your questions. I think you have pushed tolerance too far here and that you best back off untill your really have appreciated the materiel pointed out to you.

Otherewise my advise is not to touch POET with a barge-pole as you seem overly sensetive to the wild ride this investment is likely to be.

sulasailor

New Message
Please login to post a reply