Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I think these words told by Geoff Taylor during the Q&A session sums up the main idea, the central message of today's presentation.

Even if POET works, I always had a concern, like many here I'm sure, that someone could come up with a different, better, more efficient, easier or cheaper way to do what needs to be done to put light inside the chip that is on our phones. I always saw this as the largest risk for my investment, and the biggest part of the presentation today was to adress this concern in my opinion. After today's presentation, I feel more confident in what we have with POET and I will sleep very well tonight, so in my view, the presentation is a success for that matter only.

I did not get the part where Dr. Taylor said "if we can move the POET fabrication in an existing 8 inches line...", maybe someone can discuss this a little bit more here? Maybe it was discussed already, I did not went through all the posts, but anyways I guess it's just a matter of time before the problem is solved since our mysterious partner is probably working hard on that issue?

New Message
Please login to post a reply