Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free
Message: Share Consolidation - Clarifying Some Misconceptions

"The outrage shown by this forum on this weekend is a good example of how weak minded and frightened the retail investor can be" - a quote from your reply. Is this not reportable abuse towards those who happen to express opinions contrary to yours?

"Why do you think the CEO from the second largest fab in the world has taken a position now? " - I was quite impressed when it was announced- especially when it seemed he agreed to sit on our board(in addition to the other boards he serves on) for options. It wasn't until the next day, when his $520,000/yr salary was announced that I began to have some second thoughts. Nice paycheck for part time work. Don't get me wrong, I do not fault management for paying for his expertise and more importantly - his connections - but the impression fostered on this forum that he left his position at GF to join our board is unsubstantiated. We have no idea why he left GF - I am sure it was benign. Furthermore, at thiis point in time he has not been assigned any managerial responsibilies - though some have speculated he will be our next CEO - which would be fine by me - but is just speculation. I have been around this forum long enough to know how each board appointment, PR firm, etc is lionized, until they are not.

"Again another total lie!!! What is true is that they have continued to execute on the business plan which involves R&D and milestones to meet industry needs. All well and good - but doesn't adress my point that while IBM and Intel are spending millions on nanotubes, graphene, etc. - they are too dumb to invest a fraction of their R&D budget in our disruptive technology. Again - a rationale for Mr. Menocha's compensation?

"They were successful in having UCONN reduce their royalty in order to facilitate the commercial deployment in return for a stake in the company."- while this was certainly beneficial to the share holders, it could be interpreted that the finance guys at UCONN were skeptical of royalty revenue, and would rather have tradeable shares. Otherwise why give up 40% of the revenue stream of the next megatrend.?

Finally, others can do their dd on the trading patterns of the stock over the years (SI, Pinetree, etc.). I have no problem with a NASDAQ listing as it will increase demand for my shares (index etfs and mutual funds would have to buy) - which is great for traders, but won't affect my core position one way or the other.

V

New Message
Please login to post a reply