Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Below is a message I sent to Mr. Chu. He has been very responsive and helpful. The issue is self explanatory, and one US investors should know. After a reverse split, the shares get a new name and cusip numbers, and all shares have to be exchanged. This usually takes 5-7 days for Canadian equities held in US accounts. The simplest solution is that the stocks not be listed on the NASDAQ until all shares have been exchanged.

Dear Mr. Chu

Thank you for your response. I have another potential issue regarding the proposed reverse split and subsequent name and cusip # change. As I am sure you remember, U.S. shareholders holding shares in US brokerages were disadvantaged when OPEL Solar changed its name to OPEL Technologies and could not sell their shares for 2 months, while Canadian shares were sellable within a few days. During that time the value of the shares declined some 45%+. The issue at that time was the U.S. custodial agent not receiving the proper paperwork from the company or its transfer agent and after a long delay ownership of all the shares had to be transferred manually. We corresponded about this issue during the last name change to POET, and I requested you make management aware of the problems so they would not recur and the transition went smoothly(they probably would have anyway). As I would anticipate an initial rise in share price after a NASDQ listing - I respectfully request you again make management aware of the past problem and that they can take appropriate precautions -so current US shareholders are not shut out of any potential benefit.

Thanks for your help.

John

New Message
Please login to post a reply